Writing prompts for elementary students
Get youngers students writing with our writing prompts for elementary students. If your younger students need some visual inspiration, we've also included a few visual elementary writing prompts.
Candy around the world
What are your favorite candies? Why? What candies do you dislike?
Minions for a week
You get your very own set of minions for a week. What would you do? Where would you go?
What does this image make you think? Tell it's story.
- What if you could bring an animal to school?
- What if you had a time machine?
- What if you grew up to be taller than the school?
- What if you were the teacher?
- What if you were a baby again?
- What if cows could drive cars?
- What if you could only see the color yellow?
- What if the president were a kid?
- What if you had a friend who spoke a different language?
- What if you lived in a swimming pool?
- Once upon a time, a child woke up as a turtle….
- The car stopped in front of my house, and a clown got out….
- Three friends went on a trip to the moon. The best thing about it was….
- Once, I rode a unicorn to school….
- My teacher came to my house for dinner. We talked about….
- One day, my mom and dad switched jobs….
- I was walking in the woods, and someone called my name. I looked down and saw it was a frog….
- A boy had a dream he was a pirate and woke up on a pirate ship….
- The teacher's necklace is missing, and only one person knows what happened….
- A new kid comes to school and says he is from 1900….